A scary heater

We recently had the scare of our lives. You hear about house fires sometimes and also about faulty wiring, but you never really think that it might ever happen to you in your own house. Well, in the house that we’re living in now, we have had several issues with our heating and air conditioning systems. The heating system didn’t seem to heat the right way, and sometimes our house would feel really cold to us, even when the temperature on the thermostat was turned up really high. We didn’t really want to call our heating and air conditioning company to come out because we new that it would cost us quite a bit of money to have a complete overhaul of our heating and A/C system. So we just let it go for a while and we tried using various electric space heaters throughout the house so that we could get it to feel warmer. Well, eventually we decided to try a kerosene space heater in the bathroom instead of an electric space heater. I’ve always thought that kerosene space heaters were dangerous to use inside of houses. My grandma used to have one a long time ago and I remember that she always said if we touched it or messed with it that it would cause a fire. I guess I had that ingrained into my memory and so I was nervous about using a kerosene space heater in our house. My husband wanted to try one out in the bathroom, though, because he said that the heating from the furnace was just never enough when he got out of the shower. Of course, somehow the curtain from the bathroom window got too close to the kerosene heater and it caught on fire!

air conditioner service