Turning on the appliances

When I planned our transport to a loft in a state up north, one of the changes that was exciting me the most was finally having a fireplace for the first time in our life.  Having grown up in the south where you’re more likely to find a screened lanai than a chimney or fireplace, I had never even been inside a home or building before with actual lit wood inside a fireplace or woodstove.  I had only images from motion pictures and tv shows to buddy with the experience, not the physical smell or the respiratory effects. My largest health problem is our asthma; the rest of our body is in fantastic shape, but our lungs have never been at 100% regardless of our environment or habits.  Some locales are better than others, especially after I moved out of a moldy cabin that had been giving me woes for years. But I never stopped to suppose about how this would play out with burning wood in our house. I thought all of it went up our chimney and wouldn’t affect our lungs. Unfortunately, it’s an older home and despite proper chimney cleanings done by previous owners, it just doesn’t completely vent out all of the smoke when you have a fire roaring.  I was having problems wheezing and coughing for weeks before I gave up and had a new furnace installed to get me through the rest of the Wintertide season. I have already looked into investing in a brand new wood stove and an updating chimney venting program put into locale for the following year. This should help remove some of the residual smoke that lingers in our home and aggravates our lungs. For now the gas furnace I installed should get me through til Spring.

HVAC filter