When I planned my trans athletic activity to a modern apartment in a state up north, 1 of the changes that was exciting myself and others the most was finally having a fireplace for the first time in my life. Having grown up in the south where you’re more likely to find a screened lanai than a chimney or fireplace, I had never even been inside a apartment or building before with actual lit wood inside a fireplace or woodstove. I had only images from films and tv shows to friend with the experience, not the physical aroma or the respiratory effects. My largest health problem is my asthma; the rest of my body is in wonderful shape, however my lungs have never been at 100% regardless of my environment or habits. Some venues are better than others, especially after I moved out of a moldy house that had been giving myself and others woes for years. But I never stopped to guess about how this would play out with burning wood in my house. I thought all of it went up my chimney and wouldn’t affect my lungs. Unfortunately, it’s an older apartment and despite proper chimney cleanings done by previous owners, it just doesn’t completely vent out all of the smoke when you have a fire roaring. I was having troubles wheezing and coughing for weeks before I gave up and had a modern gas furnace installed to get myself and others through the rest of the Winter time season. I have already looked into investing in a brand modern wood stove and an updating chimney venting plan put into venue for the following year. This should help remove some of the residual smoke that lingers in my apartment and aggravates my lungs. For now the gas gas furnace I installed should get myself and others through til Spring.