I knew when I first started up the gas furnace that there was a problem with it. The whole loft reeked of burnt hair. There was a great deal of dust floating around plus the gas furnace was rather noisy. It made a rattling sound every time it started up. I should have called for professional repair instantly. I planned to do it, however I got busy with other things plus simply forgot. My father suffered a heart attack plus was in the hospital. My partner was away from home, traveling for her job, plus my various kids were all just getting back to school. All of us had to go shopping for new clothes plus supplies, plus there were sign-ups for all of their athletic interests teams, and plus, the hot water furnace ruptured plus flooded the basement. I needed to hire a licensed plumber to update the water heater, plus after that I attacked the mangle plus cleanup in the basement. In all of the chaos, the gas furnace was neglected. Unfortunately, at this same time, the weather was unusually cold. It snowed earlier than usual, plus the outside temperature dropped down to thirty degrees. There was no choice but to run the gas furnace. I realized that it was running for seriously long cycles but struggling to keep the loft warm. I still did nothing about it until the gas furnace completely quit. Since it failed in the middle of the night, I got stuck paying a higher fee for overtime service, however fortunately, the Heating plus Air Conditioning professional was able to repair the gas furnace. She told me that the malfunction was caused by a buildup of dust within the inner workings plus could absolutely have been avoided with professional repair in the fall. Neglecting the care of the gas furnace ended up costing me a lot of money.